Values and ethos
Our vision for our school is
Achieving the best together. By preparing all in our school community for fullness of life, reaching their potential, physically, mentally, and emotionally through an appreciation of their spiritual lives inspired by the values of Jesus Christ. John 10 v10
Our mission is to create and enable an exciting and supportive environment so that all our learners will flourish both emotionally and educationally to ensure that they can be the best they can be and become responsible, confident individuals who are equipped for the future. We are committed to developing the full potential of all our school community by having high expectations and by creating a culture of positive endeavour underpinned by Christian values so that all can achieve.
All staff and governors are committed to this vision which is strongly underpinned by Christian values. In our school we have chosen six key Christian values which we believe are at the heart of developing a healthy school community. These are hope, peace, forgiveness, love, friendship and trust.
We aim to:
- Develop lively, enquiring healthy minds and independent learners
- Develop and extend basic skills so that our pupils understand the importance of them and their continuing role throughout their lives
- Develop an active partnership between the child, the school and the home
- Recognise, develop and promote individual talents to promote wellbeing and confidence
- Help pupils to respect and communicate well with others and develop an understanding of spiritual, cultural and moral values and the appreciation of religious life and those ways of life that are different from their own
- Help pupils appreciate their part in society and understand their value and worth