Regular, open communication and consultation is highly valued at Belton C of E Primary School. The parent forum aims to represent the views of all parents and to be a voice to inform our school of the needs of children and families. The forum works to provide feedback on provision, offer a parent's perspective on current policy and practice and input into decision making and planning for future provision.
This takes place by:
- Regular communication with parents/carers
- Ensuring a diverse forum membership and representation of views from parents/carers from all backgrounds
The forum is not in place to address personal issues concerning an individual child or members of staff or governors. Parents who need to discuss these issues should approach their class teacher or the Headteacher.
- To support and promote children's learning
- To help the school find out what parents and carers think about important issues
- To involve parents and carers actively in school decisions
- To make plans that support the ways the school wants to develop and improve outcomes for our children
The parent forum's membership is made up of parents and carers of children attending Belton C of E Primary School.
Parent forum meetings are held twice a term. The agenda is prepared in advance of the meeting and circulated by email. A typical agenda includes:
- Items identified by the governing body and staff/leadership team for discussion
- Items identified by parents and carers for discussion
Minutes are taken and circulated at least a week before the next meeting to everyone who attended the meeting, preferably by email. Copies of minutes will be available to view on this page.