We believe strongly in offering our pupils an exciting and stimulating broad curriculum which interests and challenges our learners.
The school curriculum consists of the subjects that are taught at Belton C of E Primary School. We teach 10 subjects of the National Curriculum and Religious Education. We also teach Personal Social and Health Education and Citizenship. The 11 subjects of the National Curriculum are:
- Core Curriculum – English, Mathematics, Science
- Foundation Subjects – History, Geography, Design and Technology, Computing, Art and Design, Music, Physical Education and Foreign Language
The children in Foundation Stage/Reception, the Tigers class, are in the final year of the Foundation Stage (0-5 years). There are 7 areas of learning in the Foundation Stage.
The prime areas of learning are:
- Communication and Language
- Personal, Social and Emotional Development
- Physical Development
The specific areas of learning are:
- Understanding the World
- Expressive Arts and Design
The document below provides information about the essentials curriculum which the school uses as a framework for planning across the school.
The following document provides information about how we provide information about how we assess attainment and progress in our curriculum.